Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Putting the word out...

Since my recent meeting with a German speaking co-worker went so well, I felt emboldened to write to two more German speakers here. A day has gone by without a reply, however, which doesn't feel like a good start. I suspect they will just ignore me and hope I don't ask again - and there I was with visions of having a German-speaking lunch 3 days a week! Damn :-)

In better news, I finished lesson 13 in Perfectionnement Allemand and since lesson 14 is a review lesson (which I'll read tonight with any luck) I'll be listening to lesson 15 during my trip home today.

I've almost finished another easy crossword (a bit harder than the previous ones this time!) which has been a good exercise. I plan to add a bunch of new words to my Anki list as a result. Speaking of Anki, I've been slack with this over the last few weeks, and have been trying to catch up again in the last few days. Doing it every day is the way to go, for sure, I just don't always get there, which is pretty lazy. And whenever I have a conversation, or try to read a text, and I'm missing useful words from my mental database, I'm reminded of my German classes (all 8 or 9 of them!) in Germany where the teacher would say "Words! You must learn words! Without words, you cannot speak!"

Too true... Damn words!

No comments:

Post a Comment