Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quick update...

I finished lesson 3 in Assimil's Perfectionnement Allemand and started listening to lesson 4, and I've read a bit. I also did my Anki review for the first 2 questions from Lesetraining B2 and some review from my general intermediate-to-advanced German word list. I like doing the Anki reviews, even though sometimes it's hard to get words to stick out of context. While I recognise this weakness, I know that I have had words introduced to me for the first time via Anki and then later heard them on the radio or whatever, so it is useful for a relatively modest time-investment that can be done whenever it's convenient.

I'm not sure how much I'll get done today since I'm working from home (no commute) and we have a family get-together tonight. My goal is to finish the reading side of lesson 4 so I can just focus on getting the shadowing right, and doing my Anki reviews for today. An aspirational goal would be to read another question from Lesetraining B2.

And just as a random musing, I think I need to do one of the practice B2 tests available online sometime soon to get a good guage on where I'm going next.

This Saturday I'm hoping to meet up with our Austrian friends with a group of their friends to a BBQ. I think most of their other friends will be english-speakers, but I'll try to speak German whenever I can :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment