Tuesday, August 30, 2011

German grammar puzzles...

I've been looking for a good website for German grammar puzzles. Not because I'm into that kind of thing, but because I'm looking to practice the sorts of problems that students who attend German classes would be given and hence, the sorts of problems that would appear in the B2 exam (without exhausting the limited supply of free test material from the Goethe Institute).

I found a few websites but none of them really did "it" for me. One good one full of free exercises is here, but these need to be printed out. Good for times without an internet connection I suppose, but somewhat limited for my purposes, especially since I would need to mark by hand.

However, I recently found the DaF practice site of Ralf Kinas and this has exactly the sorts of questions I really seem to struggle with in the practice papers. Brilliant! On the left hand side you can see a list of options under Online-Übungen, and I've been having a go at some from the first item in the list - grammar/vocab.

Of course, the marking is automatic. Some even come with a "Tipp" (hint) button. Brilliant. If you're looking to do the B2 exam or DaF exam anytime soon, this looks like a great place for some practice.

Let us all know if you have any personal favourite example exam problem websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment