Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Recent Leseverstehen B2 results

This is one of those "checkpoint" posts really. Apart from the last few days being spent sick as a dog in bed, I've finally been working through the sample exam section of Lesetraining B2 (as opposed to the practice section!) and my results have been encouraging so far, both in terms of time taken and results, so I'm pretty happy right now. It's made me think that I need to focus on listening skills again as much as possible. Here are the results I got recently:

Part B, Test 8: 22/25 including 7/10 in the part I always found the hardest before (filling in the blanks).
Part B, Test 9: 19/25 - a couple of rushed mistakes. Done at lunchtime at work while eating lunch in 34 mins (80 mins allowed for the real exam).
Part B, Test 10: 22/25 done in about 54 mins, spread out over a few days.

I still need to add the words I didn't know or was unsure about to my Anki list. I only just got to the stage of not having any new words introduced to me from the last time I added a tonne of vocab. Fun times ahead!

I've also done one of the practice writing questions from the online version of the B2 exam. My time was broken up into two chunks, with the second being quite a distracted chunk indeed. However, I managed to keep within the time limit (60 minutes I think?) and produced a 280 word answer where 180 are required, which means that if I had kept myself to the topic better, I could have easily finished with plenty of time to spare to check for mistakes. I've sent it to my Austrian friend for corrections whenever she gets time. I'm not in a rush at the moment, though I plan to do more of this as I really feel that just this one piece of written composition helped.

Practice makes less imperfect, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment