Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tempis fugit...

and all that...

I do finally have some progress to report, but not much. Pretty bad considering what I need to be able to do in just over 2 months. Today I finished lesson 9 in Assimil's Perfectionnement Allemand. Pretty slow pace so far! I could blame Mother's Day, and all sorts of other things, but the fact is that I just need to get more done, and find the time for it.

I did have a short conversation in German yesterday with a work colleague whose wife is Austrian and so speaks German - not like a native speaker, but still pretty good to have at work! This weekend I'll be going to his house for a Eurovision party, so I'll get a chance to meet his wife and speak with a native speaker for a while. And no, no one is seriously going for the music - the purpose is, of course, to take the piss out of it :-)

I've also heard that my work has a list of speakers of different languages... I'll have to take advantage of that and see if I can't find some native speakers to sprechen mit a bit!

Enough babbling - got to do some study...

No comments:

Post a Comment