Monday, February 21, 2011

Brief update...

After a busy weekend with illness, a big family get-together organised and run by my wife and I and her sister and brother-in-law, and a fridge breaking down, I didn't find much time to make progress. Monday was a bit of a washout too for the same reasons. I did find time at least to watch "Das Parfum: Die Geschichte eines Moerders" with my wife... but because of that, it had to be in english with german sub-titles. It's something though - I think I'll watch it a few more times in german, with and without subtitles. I also have the original book as both the written work, and as an audio-book, all of which I plan on using as well.

In the meantime, I feel like my understanding of Deutsche-Welle news and the german program on SBS radio in the mornings grows and becomes easier. A good feeling!

I managed to finish Assimil lesson 93 (passive) this morning, and started on the active lesson 44 straight away. I'm hoping to sneak in enough time tonight at home to finish it off, so I can move on tomorrow morning. I really want to finish the passive lessons. It's kind of a mental barrier...

No comments:

Post a Comment