Sunday, February 27, 2011

Slow pace...

So, the funk continues. I just can't seem to get much focus happening. At least I have finished passive lesson 94, and am working on active lesson 45 which I must finish today for the sake of my ego, seeing as this is the last day of the month. I feel as though my progress has stalled, but let's face it - with the application I've been showing lately, I'm lucky to make any progress at all!

These things come and go I suppose. The reason for setting the goal I have set (of passing the Goethe-Zertifikat-B2 exam in July) is so that I will be able to push myself to keep going, even at those times when the enthusiasm isn't just bubbling out of me.

Having a goal has also pushed me along in other ways, like finding germans to meet up with and chat to. This weekend I'm hoping to meet up with a guy coming out from Germany who contacted me on Couch Surfing. I couldn't offer him a couch this time, but I'll show him around Sydney a bit if he's keen. And I'm preparing myself mentally now - I'll just have to refuse to speak English with him. He'll have plenty of other people to practice on :-)

In fact, I'll write to him now to organise something!

No comments:

Post a Comment