Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lesson 90!

I kept my word and finished lessons 89 (passive) and 40 (active) today, so on my drive home I'll be listening to lesson 90 and 41. The end of the passive phase of study is in sight!

I managed to do all my Anki revision today, and listened to Deutsche Welle on the internet for an hour or so. I feel like my understanding is reasonable, varying from almost everything, to somewhat less, but definitely trending towards the former!

I haven't hooked up with any german speakers in person but it's time I did to make some german friends! The only german friend I have currently in Australia is actively replying to my email, but always in english. I don't know if I should tell him what I'm doing, or just keep writing and hope he'll decide it's OK to use german :-) I'll write once more and see what happens, and if it fails, I'll ask him directly. With any luck, he might be visiting Sydney soon too which would be a nice chance to catch up in person - and in german!

No comments:

Post a Comment