Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lesson 100!

So, today's the day. I've now almost finished Lesson 100, the last lesson from Assimil's German with Ease. Happy times :-)

The question of how to proceed has cropped up. I originally intended to do no more book study, at least not in a general form like Assimil. I'm now thinking of getting the next book for German which, though it's in French, should still be very useful to me. I'm sure my French is good enough to make use of it. The target of that book is CELRF C1. My target exam would still be B2, but I always feel that you should aim past your target to land comfortably on the spot. I'll think about this a bit more in the next few days.

The only other purchase I had planned was to buy a book specifically to help with preparing for the B2 exam. This is still the plan, though I haven't ordered it yet.

In more social news, today my little family are going to meet some Austrians I contacted through CouchSurfing. I hope we find we have a lot in common so I can meet up with them on a regular basis for a bit of German speaking practice, and also to do some activities we can all enjoy on a semi-regular basis. A bit of social interaction in German is definitely past due!

So next update I'll be able to say how my first German conversation since leaving Germany has gone... And also that I've finished all the passive lessons in "German with Ease" which will be cause for celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment